Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Marlee

Hi! Today's project has been inspired by a special little girl's 5th birthday - which is today!

My daughter is the stereotypical girly girl, she loves all things flowery, princessy, and sparkly. Her favorite colors are purple and pink (in that order) and she loves to dress up. So I made her this flower birthday badge to wear today, for her birthday.
Yes, it's as big as it looks! I used a huge Prima flower from a mini can as the base for my design and for some extra sparkle I sprayed it with glimmer mist. The number 5 was cut out on my Cricut with the Mickey font. I also sprayed it with glimmer mist (pomegranate) and then added tons of tiny pink rhinestones. The Princess crown is a snag 'em stamp that I stamped then embossed with glitter embossing powder, cut it out and added 3 purple rhinestones. To assemble the whole thing I cut out a 2" circle of chipboard, gathered some pink tulle and hot glued it to the chipboard then hot glued the flowers, then the crown and finally the 5.
It might be a bit much for some, but Marlee loves it and can't wait to wear it to preschool today!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So pretty! She will be the envy of the entire school! Bet she was beaming when she walked out the door wearing that this morning!

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY MARLEE!!!!!!