Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Custom T Shirts - You Can Do It!

Hey everyone! It's another quick, last minute Tuesday post for me. This project took only 10 minutes to complete - seriously!
I wanted to share with you a couple of T Shirts I made for my girls using my Cricut machine.

How do you use a Cricut to make T Shirts (I know you're thinking)? Well, I used one of the great images from the Wall Decor cartridge, the crown, and cut it out of a piece of freezer paper, yep that stuff you buy in the grocery store next to the aluminum foil and wax paper.
That becomes your stencil. Then you simply iron it onto your shirt - shiny side down and it adheres itself into place (but only temporarily) Using your favorite fabric paint or as I used fabric glue and glitter (Tulip Brand - made to be machine washed) apply it to your design. When you're done, just peel up the paper and voila! A custom T shirt.
Here are my lovely assistant's modeling their new fashions:

We still have some Cricut products left in stock at Your Memories Here, but they are clearance priced and once they are gone that's it!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gotta Love Glitter

I've been working on my mini album and have a couple more pages to share with you.
I got a little out of control with the embellishments and it's looking like it's going to be pretty thick, Oh well!

I've used some more of the DCWV Mariposa papers as my backgrounds.

On this page I used a Prima butterfly as my main embellishment, I thought the orange went nicely with the coppery glitter on the paper. I also added the word "dream" that I cut on my Cricut and then sprayed with Sugar Maple Glimmer Mist (I think that is my favorite color of GM right now) I inked all the edges of the page with spiced marmalade distress ink.

On this page I added a side pocket by edging some of the patterned paper with my Alterations On the Edge die (pst... it's a Sizzix die, but I totally use it in my Cuttlebug) and then adhering it to the edge of my page. The little leafy branch was also cut on my Cricut and then I hot glued some Prima mini roses in Sunrise Yellow. The larger flower is a Prima Lilliput rose that was all yellow, but I sprayed the center with some Pomegranate Glimmer Mist for a bit of contrast.

I'm almost finished with this mini and I can't wait to show it to you assembled with all my photos inside.