Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Swapping Paint Cans

I participated in a paint can swap on the Cricut Message Boards. It was supposed to be an Easter themed can swap but after communicating with my partner, I learned she'd rather have her can decorated to match the theme of her scrap room. Her choice of colors were pink, brown and black and she likes vintage items. Well, here's what I created for her:
I cut out the words "dream" "imagine" and "create" on my Cricut using the SCAL software. The flowers are all Prima and some of the flower centers are dew drops (which are on sale). I embossed the paper on the top of the can lid with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. The flower on top of the can is hand made except for the two flowers in the center those are from the Chelsea accents tin from Prima.
I hope my swap partner likes her can. It's traveling with the USPS some where on it's way to her right now.
On a completely unrelated topic: My new markers arrived this morning (8:30am to be exact) So I can't wait to go play with them. I bought a new set of digi's from Lily-Boo's boutique last week and I think I'll play around with those :)

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Kristina...this is precious...we can all use a place to store up all of these things...save them for a rainy day...this is gorgeous...I love the flower on top!

flowerdisco said...

your can is very pretty and the brown paper you used is gorgeous. I know she will love it. On another note.....I was practicing making a flower like that one just yesterday with the same MS punch, hehehe not the same shape but the same idea.
Also, Thanks for letting me know about the cart