Saturday, February 27, 2010

Multi-Crafting

Like so many of you I am a multi-crafter. What I mean is paper crafting isn't my only hobby. I've been busy (O.K. not really busy it took me a couple of hours) sewing a couple of tiny little aprons for my daughters (4 and 2 years old). What happened was I got a great deal (I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about) on a pair of "flirty" aprons and my little girls just loved them. However, these were made to fit women of all sizes but definitely not little girls who still wear toddler sizes! So off to Hobby Lobby for some fabric. I let them each pick the pattern for their apron. Marlee chose the Princesses and Lilee picked Strawberry Shortcake (or as she likes to say "Stawberry Cupcake").
Now on to the multi-craft part. I had to scrap a page of them wearing their new aprons.

I used this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch because it's a great sketch and Your Memories Here is this week's sponsor! I rotated the sketch but kept the proportions pretty much the same. The background paper is DCWV Nana's Kitchen (appropriate for an apron layout?) I cut out the apron on my Cricut using the From My Kitchen cartridge. The purple card stock and the apron are both embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder (though it's hard to see that detail in the photo). Thanks for stopping by to take a look today. I hope you'll head over to Sketchy Thursdays to play along and share your own take on this sketch.

4 comments:

Leah said...

This is so sweet! I love the soft colors and oh my goodness, those aprons you made are SO adorable!! As are your girls;)

Suzanne said...

Ohmygosh, how cute are they! Great job with the aprons and the pp is perfect for the pics. TFS!

Karen said...

Great job on those aprons! My daughter would be so jealous of the princess one!!

flowerdisco said...

Kristina, your layout is so nice and your girls are dolls.