Monday, May 11, 2009

A Masculine Birthday Card

I made this birthday card for my Dad. It's pretty simple but, I wanted to keep it masculine and there's not too much you can do in the way of embellishments for a "manly" card!

The card stock is from my Imaginisce Card Kit Pad. I punched the edge with my Fiskars lattice border punch. The mat is also from the card kit. I stamped a little dot detail in the corners with a Studio G stamp and lime ink. I used that same lime ink to color the inside edge of the card so it would show through the lattice edging. I added a ribbon so it wouldn't be too plain and it matches some of the colors in the background paper along with the circles.I painted a piece of fancy shaped chipboard that I just got in the mail last week (an envelope full of them was my prize for the Double Dog Dare You blog challenge) and I stamped Happy Birthday with blue ink and a Studio g stamp on it.
The Imaginisce Card Pad Kit is available in my web store.

1 comment:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

wow, I love it, the border is awesome... hope you will hop over and see me... and maybe sign up to be a follower