Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Perfectly Pink!

Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday (Mardi Gras as a mater of fact) I have a really fun projectto share with you, but first the winner of my blog candy for Jenn's Birthday blog hop.
The winner is Katieo! I have contacted her and if she doesn't respond then we'll pick another winner next Tuesday OK?
Now on with the project:

My project today features a Live with Prima kit designed by Lolly Chessie. She made hers in a totally awesome teal for the Live with Prima class on December 30th and here I am over 2 months later finally making my version...in PINK!

Just a reminder, here is Lolly's terrifically teal version and here is the link to her recorded Live with Prima class showing you how she made it.

What I did differently with mine (besides the obvious pink color) is I painted my wood box white.
So here is what the box looks like, full of velvet Prima flowers:

First, you take all the flowers out and save them for another use :)

Then you take the wooden grid inside out. Now, it's glued in just a little bit so it takes a little gentle persuasion to pop it out but don't worry, it will come out.

Next, I painted all the edges white. Not a heavy coat, just enough to lighten it up. Of course you could paint yours whatever color you like or omit the paint and leave it wood.

I didn't paint the bottom of the inside because you're going to glue the patterned paper in there.

I cut my Prima patterned paper to fit the inside of the box and then for some extra pizazz I sprayed it with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist and I stamped a script background in red ink.
Following Lolly's directions, I cut the remainder of my pattered paper to the shape of the felt boarder and glued it to the glass lid of my box.
And finally I made the flowers as Lolly showed in her class and decorated the outside (and a little of the inside too) with the flowers from this kit.

Your Memories Here has these kits available in both pink and teal. They include all the Prima products you need to make one of these boxes (or a version of your own) plus have lots of other flowers left over!
Just remember the Live with Prima classes are FREE and recorded (click here to visit the class archives) so you can go back and watch them whenever you have the time. It's never too late to try out one of these projects!

I hope you have a great day! I'll be back on Friday for the weekly steal.

3 comments:

Karli said...

wow, beautiful project! THe flowers are exquisite- luv those. Will be checking out that class :) Hugs~

Marlene said...

Beautiful!!! Gotta love PINK!!!

flowerdisco said...

kristina...absolutely gorgeous! great job ;)