Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Custom T Shirts - You Can Do It!

Hey everyone! It's another quick, last minute Tuesday post for me. This project took only 10 minutes to complete - seriously!
I wanted to share with you a couple of T Shirts I made for my girls using my Cricut machine.

How do you use a Cricut to make T Shirts (I know you're thinking)? Well, I used one of the great images from the Wall Decor cartridge, the crown, and cut it out of a piece of freezer paper, yep that stuff you buy in the grocery store next to the aluminum foil and wax paper.
That becomes your stencil. Then you simply iron it onto your shirt - shiny side down and it adheres itself into place (but only temporarily) Using your favorite fabric paint or as I used fabric glue and glitter (Tulip Brand - made to be machine washed) apply it to your design. When you're done, just peel up the paper and voila! A custom T shirt.
Here are my lovely assistant's modeling their new fashions:

We still have some Cricut products left in stock at Your Memories Here, but they are clearance priced and once they are gone that's it!

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Wow - that's craftastic! She looks so proud to be wearing her new pink tee, too!

♥Silvana♥ said...

thank you for this great idea.....I love painting tshirs too (I haven't in a while) thanks thank for sharing this :)

Karli said...

don't know which I like more... the models or their fashions! I love this idea! I'm thinking it's tutorial time...just sayin' ;) TFS. Big Hugs~

Brenda said...

awww love the t shirts the girls look sooo beautiful in them Kristina!!!
I need to do some for the boys when we go camping this summer...thanks for inspiring me!!!
hugs
Brenda