Friday, April 23, 2010

Strawberry Picnic

I made this layout of my two girls sitting in their play house having a "picnic". They like to sit at their little picnic table and have snacks when the weather is nice.
For my layout I used Mimosa paper for the background. I love the gradient pink to light peach colors and the sparkle of the glitter (they look like little asterisks) The patterned paper squares are DCWV Sweet Stack mat. The journaling block and strawberry were both cut on my Cricut. I used some green Flower Soft on the stem of the strawberry for some different texture. The lace trim across the bottom is Prima lace and it comes cream, but I just rubbed a pink ink pad across it to make it match my page's colors. The little chipboard girls are Basic Gray and the title is Thickers they both were given to me by Suzanne (I won her blog candy).
I have been wanting to play along at some of my favorite challenge blogs so this week I got to it and covered a bunch!
Sketchy Thursdays - the page layout
Practical Scrappers - ribbon, floss or fibers
Bitten By the Bug 2 - From My Kitchen ice cream tab cut
Scrappy Frog's - Pick 3 I chose : die cuts (strawberry), no coloring (the raw chipboard shapes) and lace (Prima lace)
Cricutters Anonymous - picnic theme

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun!

Debbie said...

Love what you did with the pink lace. And that playhouse is too cute!

Anonymous said...

Awww this is so adorable! Cute little girls, and I love the strawberry you added! The lace is a great touch too, love the inking idea!