Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chocolate Cupcakes

This page is the result of a new stack of paper and two messy little girls who happen to love chocolate (who doesn't?) Clicking on the photo will make it larger.
When I get a new pack of paper I'm just dying to make something with it and the DCWV Sweet stack has all those yummy papers in it. I remembered that I had a couple of pictures of the girls enjoying some chocolate cupcakes early this summer (I actually took the picture to show Nana how much of a mess they made with her cupcakes!)
Cupcakes were quite a big thing in crafting this year, so I had plenty to work with.
The background paper and the photo mats are from the DCWV Sweet Stack, I punched the bottom of the mats with my MS doily punch. The adorable cupcake was cut on my Cricut with the Home Decor Solutions cartridge. I cut out the the journaling square with my George cartridge and then embossed it with my Cuttlebug Swiss dots folder and layered some vellum on top. I embellished the vellum with some paper floss, a button, and some Studio G stamps.

The title letters were cut on my Cricut with the Mickey Font cartridge in regular and shadow and then layered, then I added glossy accents to make them all thick and shiny (kinda looks like the Thickers stickers)
You can find the Cricut Home Decor cartridge in my store along with other Cricut necessities.
If you'd like to win a Cricut cartridge visit my design team blog Your Memories Here Designs, all you have to do is become a follower, if we reach 200 followers by Midnight tonight, I'll give away a Cricut cartridge. So spread the word!

7 comments:

Leah said...

Super cute LO! Love all the pink and brown and your girls certainly look like they enjoyed themselves:)

Brenda said...

awww this is soooo sweet!!! Lovin the photos!
thanks for the tip on making the "faux thickers!"
great layout!
hugs
Brenda

Amber H. said...

What a cute layout, and it looks like the girls had a blast eating those cupcakes!

I also LOVE this stack and I'm quite sad that I've used almost the whole stack! I've been hanging on to those super small pieces of scraps too..

eiyiyi said...

Adorable layout, even cuter little girls. They look even yummier than the chocolate! hugs, eileen

Enfys said...

Adorable photos and very cute layout. Love the way you did the letters...
hugs
En xx

Sandy said...

This to sweet...I love it...your girls are so precious...and I love the chocolate mess...what a great layout...I love how you did the title...wonderful Kristina

all4sydney said...

Oh I love everything about this LO!! They look like they really enjoyed the cupcakes ;)