Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bubbles

This here's an oldie but goodie :) I've had the photos printed for over a year now but just got to finish this page yesterday! The main reason I was able to finish it was inspiration from my new Cricut cartridge Every Day Paper Dolls. I bought the cartridge on a whim, not even sure if I needed it, but when I got to looking at all the "extras" it has (just like the original Paper Dolls) I was sooo glad to have been enable by the Cricut MB :)

The bubbles cut came from this cartridge, as soon as I saw it I remembered those pictures of the girls stashed in my room. The actual title word "Bubbles" was cut using SCAL for the font. I cut the bubbles out of silvery vellum and then I colored them with my Pebbles pearlescent shimmer chalk to give it the iridescent look of soap bubbles. The title and photo mats were cut out of some white iridescent paper from Hobby Lobby. I chalked the title edges with pink and the photo mats with an array of colors for more of that iridescent soap look.
The little bubbles are actually dew drops in an assortment of pale colors (lily pad, orchid and island blossom) The little clip on the photo says "cherish". It's from the ATB inspirational words clip and clipper set. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the background paper is DCWV metallic stack.
You can get the dew drops, Pebbles chalks, ATB clips and clipper tool and Cricut necessities all in my web store Your Memories Here
Clicking on the photos will make them larger.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

precious precious pix...wonderful layout Kristina...love the colors and your bubbles looks amazing!