Monday, October 19, 2009

Our First Batch

OK, Technically it's not "ours" the wine making is my husband's endeavor. I merely sample and provide the artwork for the bottles :)
The peach is the first variety to be completed. 5 gallons yielded 15 average size bottles and 4 magnums. It's a very crisp white wine similar in flavor and characteristics to a Sauvignon Blanc. The peach flavor is almost undetectable as this is a very dry wine. I'm not a wine connoisseur by any means, in fact I'm actually allergic to it (the sulfites). But I am able to take small taste tests and give Kevin my input. I think he's done fantastic for his first attempt, our friends and family will have to weigh in on their opinions.

1 comment:

eiyiyi said...

Congrats on the first batch. The labels look amazing! Great name and I hope it is hugely successful! hugs, eileen